This little (as for now...) piece of software maps the Moon for goodness of landing sites.
- We analyze images from the LRO image database.
- By using image processing we mark craters and rocks on the Lunar Surface.
- We estimate a goodness grade for the area as a potential landing site (based on terrain roughness and other parameters in the future)
- A standard KML file is updated to include the analyzed layer and "Heat Map" of the goodness of landing sites on the moon
- The KML File can be viewed using Google Earth (in Google Moon view)
This software is in early stages of development and will be updated soon. Some data is experimental and not scientifically correct.